The Rotary Club of Northfield, Minnesota, established in 1925, is one of the older clubs in our area and, with a membership of 130, one of the largest. We invite you to join us on Thursdays for our regular weekly luncheon meetings at the Northfield United Methodist Church.
2013-14 Club Officers
- President – Jim Prichard
- President-Elect/Membership – Matthew Rich
- Secretary – Erin Mayberry
- Treasurer – David Wolf
- International Service – Russ Halvorson
- Club Service – Michelle Lasswell
- Community Service – Judy Brown-Wescott
- Vocational Service – Missi Arens
- Communications/Public Relations – Kurt Larson
- Information/Technology (CICO) – Matt Hillmann
- Youth Protection Officer – Brad Frago
- Immediate Past President – Jane Fenton
Club Facts and Tidbits
Date Chartered: May 19, 1925
Club Number: 2157
Sponsor Club: Faribault
Clubs Sponsored: Lakeville, Cannon Valley Rotaract
Current Members: 130
Charter Members: 24
Charter President: Frank L. Clark
Bulletin: College City Cogwheel
Year Started: 1930
First Editor: N/A
Current Editor: Scott Richardson
Foundation/Paul Harris Fellows: In 1995 we had 23 PHFs and 5 sustaining members. A combination of the club’s new commitment to service and a dedicated Rotarian, Robert Will, who took charge of this program, led to substantial growth. Today our clubs lists 181 as having been PHF’s.
District/International Officers: Leal Headley, District Governor, 1932; Barbara Will, Assistant Governor, 1994-95; Mark Cashman, Assistant District Governor, 2007-present.
Rotary Awards: Robert Will, Rotary Foundation, District Service Award, 1995; Jim Pokorney, Brett Reese, CAC DSA, 2004; Rick Estenson, Brett Reese, CAC DSA, 2005; Charlie Cogan – Touching Hearts Award 2006.
Historical Highlights: Our first women members: Chris Hager, was accepted in 1988; Our first woman president, Barbara Will, held office in 1993-94.